Wednesday 10 March 2010

Indie Fashion

Indie Fashion.



Indie is a very up to date genre and is generally associated with the younger generation. A very large part of the indie lifestyle is fashion. Although the magazine I will be making will be a music magazine it is important that all the lcothes thata re featured within the photo reflect the indie genre and attract the eye of the reader. The target audience for my magazine is teenage girls and it is important that i use their style influences within my photography. Below are examples of indie fashion.




I particularly like the quirky stance of the girl int his image and i believe that this would be a very strong double page spread image. The picture could be improved with the use of an artistic background. I also think the picture would appear more proffesional if the lighting was altered so that the girls face appears brighter, i think that this would give the image an overall more proffesional look.



A very obvious neutal colour scheme has been used on this image which is very typical of indie fashion. Although teh clothes look very up to date and fashionable I am not sure that this neutrally based colour scheme would stand out well enough on my magazine, I think this outfit would be perfect if a vibrantly coloured jacket or over the top accesory was added to grab the audiences attention.



The use of the hat in this image would mean that cutting around the image would become very easy as so far whilst using Photoshop I have found difficulty when cutting around my models hair and applying a hat would solve this problem. This would make for a much stronger cover image if the girls eyes were focused on the camera to really draw in the customer. if i were to use this kind of shot on the cover then i would really zoom in to make sure that the model is the main focus of the magazine and to retain a proffesional appearance.



I would never choose to use a back view as a front cover image as it is not strong enough and makes the magazine appear impersonal. I do however like the clothing within this image and the simplicity would work well with a more intricate background. I would however edit the hue and saturation of the picture so that the duller colours became more intense.




I like the busy background that has been used on this image as it really makes the central image stand out and although it is very busy it does not take away from the image. I like the posed used on this photo as the male looks very relaxed and confident. It is very important that the model used on the fornt cover looks very confident as if they look shy or embarassed it can easily make the reader feel uneasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment