Sunday 21 March 2010

Double Page Spread Analysis



After designing and creating a cover for my magazine will be creating a contents page, the contents page i will be designing will only be a single page but i have been given some very good ideas by looking at this double page contents from a food magazine. I like the large picture on the right page as the bright colours of the asparagus really contarast well with the sheer white of the back ground.




I am very interestind in re-creaing this look myself using a pair of pink converse shoes which i think relate to the genre of my magazine perfectly, I will be using the same composition as in the this picture with the overlapping and i am also interested in using the shadow effect as it really make the image stand out. A very rounded font is used for the enlarged numbers on this page, this makes the magazine appear freindly and laid-back, i am also hoping to achieve this mood for my magzine and therefore will be using a similar font. Although i usually do not like things to be represented in an organised and totally paralell way i really like the simplistic effect that has bee created with the line of contrasting photos on this page, i could re-create this effect on my cover by photographing objects related to indie (possibly an acoustic guitar or quirky watch).

No comments:

Post a Comment